SUMMER HACKS USING DEHYDRATED & FREEZE-DRIED FOODS
Is your summer schedule full with vacations and camps? We've made mealtime easier for busy families and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 17 years, and these summer hacks will transform how you plan meals this summer and beyond.
Keep Pantry Stuffers and Family Packs on hand to use when you return from your summer vacations
- Avoid rushing to the grocery store to stock up on essentials after returning home from a vacation by keeping our pantry stuffers and family packs on hand.
Pack freeze-dried fruits as quick snacks
- Kids love the delicious taste of freeze-dried fruit! Use our fruits for snacks after a sports game or practice or at the pool. You can also make cereal healthier by adding a variety of freeze-dried fruits as a topping!
Use our products for family get-togethers and holidays to make meals that are safe for guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions
- We are proud to say that all of our products are vegan, Pareve and made without gluten! The only allergen present in some of our products is soy.
- We offer low-sodium soup mixes for individuals who try to limit their salt intake, thus providing the cook with easy ways to control the seasonings used in a meal.
- For your vegan guests and family members, try our flavored and unflavored plant-based protein options. These proteins will satisfy even the most avid meat-eaters. Plus, eating lower levels of meat is shown to decrease the risk of heart disease, strokes, obesity and high blood pressure.
Buy in bulk to reduce food costs and prolong the shelf life of products
- Most of our products are available in bulk or wholesale boxes that provide you with greater cost-savings. If you and your family have a few favorite products, consider buying them in a larger size and repackaging them for later use with a seal-a-meal type home vacuum sealer. Once sealed in this manner, the products will last for years.
Blend and freeze nutritious treats for your dogs
- 1/2 c HHF Beef or Taco Flavored Bits
- 1 c Water
- Taco Shells (Hard or Soft)
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- HHF Bean Flakes
To rehydrate the flavored plant-based protein, add 1 cup of water to 1/2 cup of your flavored protein of choice and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Warm your tortilla shells (hard or soft) and add your protein and favorite toppings. For an extra boost of flavor, consider mixing Chorizo Flavored Crumbles with the Beef and/or Taco Flavored Bits!
Our new black and pinto bean flakes are already lightly salted and make a great side of refried beans. Add 1 part boiling water to 1.5 parts product, cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes for the best refried texture.
Get Newsletter Deals!Sign up for offers, new products, and recipes.