Dried soup mixes are an easy solution for quick, tasty meals that satisfy and warm you up from the inside out. But did you know you could do so much more with dry soup than just make…soup? Here are some ideas for thinking outside the soup bowl, to make healthy, hearty meals that are loaded with goodness that your whole family will love. Our soups are all naturally gluten-free, vegan, low in sodium and fat, and certified kosher. We offer the highest quality dry soup mixes you can find anywhere.
In cold weather, nothing satisfies quite like a piping hot bowl of stew! Stews are thicker and heartier than soup and a great way to load up on veggies. To make stews using soup mixes, add more dried mix or less water to rehydrate, and then simmer until you reach the perfect consistency. We’ve got the bases for any kind of stew you want to make: veggie, lentil, chicken or beef. Here are some ideas to “stew over!
- Veggie Stew. Make a quick and easy veggie stew using Dried Vegetable Soup Mix. Add generous amounts of dried spinach and other veggies you like, as well as some garlic, and then season to taste with basil and oregano. Our Dried Vegetable Soup Mix has carrots, onions, tomatoes, peas, celery, green bell peppers, green beans, and parsley, and you can always add more of any individual ingredient to suit your taste buds.
- Lentil Stew. Start with Lentil Soup Mix that’s loaded with lentils, creamy potatoes, sweet onions, celery, and barley. Add in extra veggies as you like, and some tomato powder. For a thicker stew, add more lentils. Simmer until the lentils and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Beef or Chicken Stew. Make a hearty vegan beef stew using Beefish Stew Mix that comes premade with 10 veggies and “beefish” textured vegetable based protein. Season to taste and add extra TVP for a heartier stew, or add beef chunks for a non-veggie version. For a classic chicken stew, start with Garden Veggie Chickenish Soup and add Great Northern Beans for a creamy, heartier stew. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nothing says comfort food like a casserole! For a simple heat-and-eat dish that can feed your entire family and carry you through the week, casseroles always satisfy, and somehow, they seem to get even better as the week goes on. Here are some classic casserole ideas that never disappoint.
- To make an easy chicken and rice casserole, use a soup mix like Garden Veggie Chickenish Soup as your base, and then add extra mushrooms, minute rice, and extra chicken flavored TVP or chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Even veggie-avoidant kids love spinach casserole, especially with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top! To make, start with a basic Veg Soup Mix, add lots of spinach, extra onions, milk or milk substitute, and mix in a little flour to hold it all together. Add your favorite kind of shredded cheese on top and bake until it’s hot and bubbly. Serve hot and watch as it’s devoured! This casserole is always a hit.
When it comes to making chili, it can take all day to soak the beans and get them perfectly tender. Luckily, there’s an easier way! We have ready-seasoned chili mixes that are ready in just 10 minutes. Have a favorite seasoning blend? No problem – our plain chili mixes are unseasoned, so you can add your special touch and take home the blue ribbon at your next chili cook off. Make your chili as chunky as you like, or add more water for a heartier type soup. Choose from Mixed Bean Chili, Black Bean Chili, or Vegetable Chili – or try all three in a Soup & Chili Mix Sampler.