Dried Vegetable Soup Mix has long been one of our most popular items. Because it is lightweight and compact (you can store a lot in just a little bit of space) it makes a great backpacking and camping staple. But it is not just for camping food, our mix is just as handy to have in the kitchen pantry for daily use.
This Harmony House soup blend contains a variety of dried vegetables for soup, including minced carrots, onions, tomatoes, peas, celery, green bell peppers, green beans, and parsley. Our versatile soup mix is also vegan, gluten free, Kosher, pesticide free, MSG and additive free, non-GMO, and all natural. If you are curious, here is the nutritional fact sheet for our Dried Vegetable Soup.
To make a delicious and healthy soup in minutes, just add water or stock. Use 2 parts liquid to 1 part Dried Vegetable Soup Mix. Rehydrate in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or in cold water for 1 to 2 hours.
Clever Soup Mix Recipes, Ideas, and Suggestions from Our Customers
So many fans of our Vegetable Soup Mix have written to us to tell us their ingenious uses for our Vegetable Soup blend that we thought we would share these 20 uses for dry vegetable soup mix with you!
- Add it to any casserole or dish that requires mixed vegetables, such as shepherd’s pie or stuffed peppers.
- Blend 1/2 cup of Vegetable Soup mix with fresh or dried savory herbs and water in 2 quart stock pot for homemade vegetable stock.
- Reconstitute Vegetable Soup Mix and add to greek yogurt or sour cream along with your favorite seasonings (garlic flakes, celery salt, and chopped fresh dill work great) for a delicious dip. Serve with chips or sliced raw vegetables.
- To make veggie cream cheese, add two tablespoons of Dried Vegetable Soup mix and garlic flakes or other favorite seasonings to a container of whipped cream cheese. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. Delicious on english muffins and bagels!
- Make rice according to package directions, but substitute chicken or vegetable stock for water and add ½ cup of Vegetable Soup Mix. Makes easy, healthy veggie rice! (Also works great in rice cookers).
- Add ? cup of Vegetable Soup Mix to your favorite quiche before baking.
- Make souper ramen! Soak the Veggie Soup Mix in cold water then bring the water to boiling, and continue to boil for 3-5 minutes before adding ramen noodles. Then boil the veggies and noodles for an additional 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Rehydrate mix and add to tuna salad or chicken salad.
- Delicious in salmon croquettes.
- Soak in broth and then add to meatloaf mix.
- Add water and frozen spinach to Dried Vegetable Soup Mix. Add enough water to reconstitute the veggies, plus have liquid for soup and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add powdered or cubed bouillon to taste to the hot water and stir to dissolve. Poach eggs in the broth and serve hot.
- Add dried Vegetable Soup Mix to your favorite Chili recipe to add fresh flavor and additional fiber and nutrition.
- A great camping meal idea: Mix together Dried Vegetable Soup with dried diced potatoes, powdered milk, seasonings to taste, and dried bacon bits. Just add water to rehydrate and heat.
- Add to your favorite Macaroni and Cheese. Boil the veggies with the macaroni, drain and then mix all together with the cheese sauce.
- For chunkier and more nutritious spaghetti sauce, add Soup Mix to the sauce and then slowly heat. Make sure the vegetables are fully rehydrated before serving.
- Another great backpacking meal idea is to soak the Veggie Soup Mix in your cook pot while you set up camp. Add instant rice or pasta, 1 pouch of chicken or tuna, and a bouillon cube. Heat and serve.
- Add to a crockpot with broth when cooking roast beef, chicken, or pork.
- Grind the dehydrated mix with a coffee grinder or large pepper mill to get a powdery veggie seasoning. Put it in a shaker with some garlic powder and red pepper for a delicious seasoning blend. =
- You can also use these veggie flakes to sneak vegetables into picky kids diets. Add to pizza sauce, Hamburger Helper, or sloppy joe mix.
- Blend in with your afternoon smoothie for a nutritious “pick-me-up.”
Have You Got a Suggestion? We Would Love to Hear it!
There are so many uses for this product. You may have thought of many other awesome ways to use our Vegetable Soup Mix. Enjoy getting creative with it! We would love it if you would share your recipe ideas with us on the Harmony House Facebook Page.
A Harmony House Family Recipe: Vegetable Soup with Macaroni
As a bonus, we’ll leave you with our own favorite recipe for our Veggie Soup Mix.
6 Cups Water or Broth
1 Cup Premium Vegetable Soup Mix
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 Cup Macaroni
2 Tbsp. Harmony House Tomato Powder
2 tsp. Chicken or Vegetable Broth Seasoning
Add first four ingredients to pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Add macaroni and simmer for another 10-12 minutes. Finally, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
Get Newsletter Deals!Sign up for offers, new products, and recipes.